When you're on an interview, it is important to give a good impression to increase your chances of getting the job. Here are some important things to remember...
- Clear your calendar. The interview might run over or you could be asked to stay longer. Keep your schedule free of any other commitments.
- Plan for unexpected delays such as traffic and arrive early.
- Dress for success - a professional appearance can make a lasting impression.
- Be polite and friendly.
- Discuss your strengths and how they apply to the position.
- Look directly into the eyes of your interviewer to demonstrate your interest.
- Ask questions to show your enthusiasm and knowledge about the company.
- Turn your cell phone or pager off or on silent.
- Schedule an appointment right after the interview.
- Show up late. Tardiness on an interview is a red flag for employers.
- Wear jeans or sandals.
- Chew gum or drink coffee.
- Disclose personal information.
- Stare at the floor or elsewhere.
- Talk too much or too little.
- Answer your cell phone if it rings.